Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Card check checkup

Cobalt takes a swipe at SWACgirl about the Employee Free Choice Act. Better to train your fire on Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln, who told a Little Rock group she couldn't support the bill.
I like to think of EFCA as the Wal-Mart destruction bill. While small businesses may worry about any impact on them, I see the unions focusing on Wal-Mart if the bill passes.
If you're going to try to increase the size of your union, you go after the big dog and Wal-Mart is the big dog of American business. I'm sure an awful lot of the Arkansas economy flows through Bentonville. And that's something their senator needs to think about.
So there's really no need to worry about EFCA now.

To paraphrase the famous song,
My pappy said, "Hey, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't support the card check, Lincoln"

No comments: