Saturday, January 15, 2011

Does it work?

It's the beginning of tax season. Offices that have been quiet since last April spring to life.
Locally, there's two Liberty Tax Service offices.
The ones with the inflatable Statue of Liberty balloons atop the business.
The ones where people wear the Statue of Liberty get-up on the side of the road, waving to motorists.
Does it bring traffic into the offices? It must, or we won't be seeing people in the get-up for the next three months.
I doesn't get me interested in using their service.
All I see is cold people.

1 comment:

Chris Wysocki said...

Cold, out of practice, people.

Consider. They prepare tax returns for 4 months out of the year. Then they go back to pumping gas, or making slurpees.

But then their target market is the goobers who are too dumb to fill out their own 1040-EZ. So, I guess the shoe fits.

Me? I use a Real Accountant. Steve ain't cheap, but he's goooood.