Thursday, September 3, 2009

Remembering

When President Obama speaks to most school children Tuesday - several big cities don't start school until Sept. 9 - early drafts offered an assignment for students. They could write about how they could help the president.
It reminded me of something I wrote in January, after the announcement of plans to close Gitmo. (how's that going?)

Dear Mr. President,
Congratulations on your new job and today's work. If you are closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay, what will happen to the prison cells and those who work there?
I have some teachers you could put there. They gave me bad grades.
And there's this boy who misbehaved and made us miss a field trip. Could he be waterboarded? I know he may not like it, but we didn't like missing the field trip.
Keep up the good work. Your facebook friend since January 2008.

No comments: