Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reliving memories and building new ones

I'm fortunate to have a family that has a house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
We've been in the house since I was in college, and now my oldest is getting ready for college.
By returning to the same place yearly, we can relive memories of the past.
The boys love the drawbridge on I-64 outside of Norfolk, with how the car shimmies across the steel grates.
The past few years, they have been able to bring friends down.
The friends have better memories of what we did in those years, and I enjoy giving them those.
And I'm looking forward to the future, when the boys can bring future wives and families down as well.
My grandmother spent plenty of time here when we first got the house.
It will be great to have her great-great grandchildren enjoying the same place.

No comments: