My most favorite quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson, an American,
I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.Here’s what this sentence means to me:
- I awoke this morning: I am conscious, in this new day
- with devout thanksgiving: And I give thanks to God, the Creator who blesses us every day
- for my friends,: For every person who honors me with their friendship, empathy, and support, including my family
- the old: Friends I have had for a lifetime, or for many years, and also for friends young and old
- and the new.: Because friendship is a garden that blooms throughout our lives, blessing us daily.