Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Homer shrugs

A link at NRO's Corner enticed me to visit Homer Hickam's website. I'm glad I did.
After reading Homer's great thoughts on coal miners from 2006, I saw his blog had a new posting. It's about space and it's great.
In a few days, President Obama, Charlie Bolden, John Holdren (head of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy) and other minions, sycophants, and gadflies will descend on Kennedy Space Center to make a number of announcements and pronouncements concerning the future of the American space program.
Quite honestly, at this point, I don't much care what they announce and pronounce. I do not think any of them are capable of organizing a DAR scrap drive. This includes Senator Bill Nelson who is about a mile wide and a millimeter deep when it comes to almost any intellectual pursuit. Am I being unkind to all concerned? I don't care. They've made me lose sleep, worrying about their erratic drive toward spaceflight mediocrity.
Please read the rest.

No comments: