Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Crush at the crash site

Orioles' Chris Davis has been known as Crush for his home runs.
Now on suspension for forgetting to get permission to use his Adderall, he was driving south of Baltimore Monday when Crush saw a car crash.
He and some other drivers jumped into action to help the injured.
"I pulled past the wreck and over to the right-hand pull-off and I saw that there were still two men in the truck and that one of them was trapped halfway out the window. He was pinned underneath the overturned truck. He was bleeding pretty badly and gasoline was dripping out of the truck. The first man waved me over, and he, and I, and a woman started trying to lift the truck off of the pinned man. It was too heavy for the three of us - it was an old, large model pick-up and was VERY heavy. However, within a half-a-minute, another five to six folks had jumped out and started helping. We were able to pick the truck back up onto its wheels - unpinning the man.
"When I turned to look at the first man, I instantly noticed a VERY strong resemblance to Chris Davis. He didn't have any Orioles gear on (so I wasn't sure .. there was no big "19" on him anywhere!), except his tennis shoes were black and orange. We glanced at each other with a "good job" look and I said, 'Chris?' He said, 'Yeah?' 'Chris Davis?' 'Yeah?' I said, 'One hell of a way to meet Chris Davis ... and by the way, I think they screwed you over big-time and I support you 100 percent.' He said 'Thanks, it really means a lot to hear that," and was very sincere about it. He also said he was RIGHT in back of the truck when it had a tire blow-out and swerved, hit the wall and rolled.
He did good on the road.
He'll be good on the diamond when he returns.

No comments: