Saturday, March 30, 2013

Parenting 101

The White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday will feature cooking demonstrations on eating healthy.
What do real parents think of that?
As I write this, I’m at Chick-fil-A, because it’s spring break over here and I didn’t have a sitter today and my kids were bouncing off the walls. They ate their chicken nuggets, some waffle fries, and small milkshakes. Yes, fries and shakes! They are currently wearing themselves out in the play structure while I tap away on my keyboard, glancing up occasionally to make sure they’re not crying or bleeding.
I didn’t have to sit down and explain calories or making healthy decisions or anything to them. I just provided them with the opportunity to have fun. I gave them their chicken first so they wouldn’t fill up on fries. I sent them off to play. Done.

No comments: