Monday, November 2, 2009

NY 23 - No sanctuary in church sanctuary

My former boss reports on the goings-on in Northern New York.
Yesterday I was the warm-up act at First Presbyterian Church, providing the greeting and announcements. I began by urging the congregation to “Sit back, relax and enjoy knowing that you are about to experience one hour of a political commercial-free worship service.”
Oh, I liked that joke. And so did the congregation. But while I was shooting my mouth off, supporters of Doug Hoffman were in our church parking lot putting Hoffman fliers in the handles of car doors.

And apparently Joe Biden wasn't the great draw this morning.
The turnout for Vice President Joe Biden in Watertown today was bad. Like, half-full building. Like, not good. Like, you're kidding me? Like, suppose the Vice President of the Free World came to your town and you couldn't find 400 people to care?

No comments: