Friday, November 27, 2009

Why health care reform will fail

I was taking my dog out for a walk this morning. Our neighbors have family visiting, including their dog. Their dog watches my dog, seems to know it's supposed to stay on their lawn, but can't help himself. He runs to meet my dog, while his family yells at him.
Next week in the Senate is going to be like that dog's mind. They're supposed to do something, but that other thing (my dog) looks so interesting.
When I continue walking, that removes the distraction and my neighbor finally gets control of his dog. The distractions won't be removed in the Senate.
Reid and Obama will be yelling for attention. Abortion, costs and public option are among the distractions. Doubt they can overcome them all without letting loose some other distractions (progressives have a list).

1 comment:

smitty1e said...

I know I want it to fail, but our senators never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to demonstrate spine on important matters.