Thursday, February 16, 2017

Old King Coal

President Trump took less than a month to undo regulations the Obama administration took 95 months to put together.
Congress utilized the Congressional Review Act to pass the joint resolution on Feb. 2. The joint resolution nullifies the Stream Protection Rule, which included new additional job-killing, unpopular, and costly regulations for the coal mining and coal mining related industries, U.S. Rep. Morgan Griffith, R-Va. said after the president signed the resolution.
"I was excited to attend the signing of H.J. Res. 38 and support the president as he begins to bring relief to the coal mining industry. This rule would have had devastating effects on Southwest Virginia and I am glad my efforts to prevent these new regulations, along with my fellow congressmen, paid off," Griffith said. "I am proud to represent Southwest Virginia, particularly today, as President Trump signs the resolution.”
Coal is not dead yet.

No comments: