Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where were you at age 26?

One of the benefits of the health care reform bill is allowing you - as a dependent child - to stay on your parent's coverage until age 26.
Guess 18 years isn't enough for some people.
What were you doing at age 26?
I was covering the Bluefield Orioles for the first time, after three years at the Georgetown, S.C. Times.
My youngest brother turned 26 in Saudi Arabia as part of Desert Storm. He was already married and working on a Master's Degree.
My middle brother had started his career and found an apartment in Columbia, Md.
I was born when my father was 26 and mother 25, having purchased their first home.
My guess is not many people reach age 26 as dependent children. The Democrats should already have the moocher vote locked up, anyway.

No comments: