Thursday, May 21, 2009

Idol shocker

Rolling Stone's blogger and commenters seem pretty distraught that Kris beat Adam in the finale. I really liked this comment
Almost everyone I know voted for Adam. I have friends in several states and except for 1 or 2 everyone I knew (and their friends from what they told me) voted for Adam.
since it reminded me of this comment, supposedly said in 1972.
"I don't know how Richard Nixon could have won," the late film critic Pauline Kael is said to have observed after the 1972 election. "I don't know anybody who voted for him."
It's a big country people. Lots of people think differently than you do.

2 comments:

Mick O. said...

Yes but when 1/3 of the "national" vote comes from Arkansas, the voting is rigged. Itunes tells the true story - one Idol worked hard to hide. Adam is more popular 2-1. This is not about America getting it wrong. America did not get to vote. And Idol has no integrity, if it ever did.

Mike said...

I look forward to further proof that Arkansas overwhelmed the vote.