Augusta Conservative and SWACgirl blog about Augusta County's new position for Economic Development Director. They don't seem to approve. Guess I can't ask them for a reference when I apply for the position.
Economic development for Augusta County should be a piece of cake, even without a full-time director. I can give plenty of reasons to entice businesses to move and stay here. No cost at all.
1. We have mountain views and interstates. How about that?
2. We have Hershey's and Little Debbie's. It's snack food heaven.
3. Close to Charlottesville, but this is Virginia Tech country.
4. All Redskins games on TV.
5. If an asteriod hits earth like in Deep Impact, we'll have oceanfront property.
I know there are plenty more, but I've got to work on my resume.