Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Change password day

Monday I logged into work and it started.
"Your password expires in -- days. Do you want to change it now?"
You either change the password, or face two weeks of the question before expiration day finally comes. I had to change the password today to get another program to work, so I did the password change early.
Of course, a Facebook friend had to top me in the "password change trouble" game.
At my company, I have a password for accessing the hard drive on my laptop, a Windows login for the laptop, a 3rd password for running the VPN process, a 4th password for Lotus Notes, and a 5th password for any secure web sites I visit. All 5 passwords expire at different times and require different password "strengths". How's that?
And don't try to figure out the password to this blog. Although I'll bet "ObamaBiden" is a password no one would ever guess for a conservative blog.

No comments: