Saturday, July 31, 2010

This cuts hard

Blogger Saberpoint writes about his financial troubles - a CPA shouldn't be about to lose a house, should he?

Our savings kept us afloat for a year. When it was gone, I borrowed the equity out of my life insurance. That's gone too. We were hoping to ride out this recession, to survive until it was over. However, it is the longest lasting and deepest recession I have ever seen. And I remember when Eisenhower was president, to give you some perspective. (Okay, okay, I actually remember when Truman was president, but I was VERY young. Practically a fetus, mind you.)
It's just a matter of weeks before I lose my home. I never, ever thought I'd be in such a predicament. This happened to other people, sure, but not to me. I am a college graduate and a CPA. Accountants were supposed to be immune from unemployment. Not any more. The fact that I am well past 50 doesn't help. Seniors and new grads are the hardest hit.
Via the Other McCain.

1 comment:

commoncents said...

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I really like your blog!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com