Monday, July 19, 2010

The best dad in the world - Sheetz division

The Other McCain discusses his parenting skills and philosophy.
I announced to the three youngest of our children that we were going to Sheetz to get slushies. Not only did we get slushies, but we also got hot dogs and hamburgers and french fries and, for dessert, Hershey bars with almonds.
After we got back home and everyone had gotten their bellies full, I then turned off the TV and convened the children for a meeting.
“We’re going to take a vote,” I said. “Who’s the best dad in the whole world?”
“You are,” the kids muttered.
“I can’t hear you.”
“You are!” they shouted.
“That’s more like it,” I said, before proceeding to tell them that they were to wash the dishes, sweep and mop the kitchen, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

No comments: