Sunday, September 13, 2009

Checking Van Jones' references

I know Van Jones has been gone a week, but I have to pass along the thoughts of former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown in his Sunday column.
The only question I have about Van Jones' resignation as the White House green czar is why didn't they call me before they hired him. You would think that, as part of the vetting process, they would have called the mayor of the city where he was from.
I would have said, "Yeah, I know a lot about him. He's really a pain in the ass. When he ran Bay Area PoliceWatch, he slanted every case to make the cops look as bad as possible. And while he might be talented enough, he's totally and completely unreliable."

h/t Don Surber, who likes another part of the column

2 comments:

Steve Burri said...

I probably disagree with Willie Brown on most things, but he sure tells it like it is often.

Bill said...

The administration did not need to check his references, they new what they wanted and went for it. They just didn't realize that there are people out here now that are paying attention.