Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weakness of 24

Although I enjoyed watching Jack Bauer yell at Janeane Garofalo's Monday night, the motivation of the characters baffles. Take Jonas Hodges, bad guy of the current segment.
Sure, he's ready to take out several cities with bio weapons. But he changes his tune when his family is threatened. I'll kill myself, I'll talk, just don't hurt them.
Hey, if you destroy several cities and take down the government, don't you think that's going to hurt your family in some way?
And last night, you get 12 mysterious people to approve the attack that's the focus of the last four hours. Now, don't these people have family and friends likely in Washington? At least Facebook friends? Wouldn't somebody probably get cold feet after thinking how this destruction would affect them personally?
I guess we should just enjoy Jack Bauer fighting to stay alive and save the world.

1 comment:

jill said...

Yes, you have to suspend your disbelief a lot when you watch 24. I remember watching the first season, and my husband couldn't stop pointing out this or that absurdity.

I would love to see Chloe flatten the Garofalo.

But what's with Tony?!?!