Saturday, February 6, 2010

There's no business like snow business

One of my neighbors knows someone with a snow plow. So he plowed that neighbors driveway, several others on our street and helped stimulate the economy.
On the other side, a neighbor has a snow blower. He's cleared his driveway and several others each of the recent storms. When you have a snow blower in central Virginia, you must enjoy the chances to use it when you can.
I've made Yankee Phil the official snow measurement man of this blog, and he counts 16 inches. Someone called NBC29 and gave a snow total of 14.65 inches. A little too precise for my taste.
It's sad that you have over a foot of snow, and it's the low end of the forecast. And it's a foot or more less than your parents and brother have in the Baltimore suburbs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I Am officially the measurement go to guy, if you make sure that u mention that the measurement is only of my front yard or my back deck. I pay no real attention to scientific method. I do not control, or report upon outside influences like wind conditions, excess Pepsi consumption, or snow dancers. My method is simple. I take out my yardstick, and stick it in to spots where I am fairly sure there was no accumulation prior to 2/5. I do make sure that I don't stick where it don't belong. It doesn't go where I added shoveled snow to the accumulation level.