Friday, September 4, 2009

McDonnell's analysis

Thanks to Blue Virginia to writing down Bob McDonnell's look at the primaries and general election.
I liked the opening line about the current campaign.
All I can say is that I believe that Senator Deeds is running one of the most backwards-looking campaigns in Virginia history. His whole campaign over the last month has been based on former presidents, former governors, and a 20-year-old thesis.
If Democrats weren't fighting over health care reform and flailing away at the protesters, I'd bet he'd be riding President Obama's coattails. Since the tide is rising against Democrats now, he hopes to catch the old magic.
Just call the president to see how well that's working now.

1 comment:

smitty1e said...

Thanks for the link. I'm quite favorably disposed to McDonnell after breakfast last Saturday.

I'd rather like to see him follow the Pawlenty pattern of taking on national weight.

There is plenty of room for strong States-rights leadership from governors. Given there is so much history being made, I'd enjoy seeing an Article V caning delivered to the Fed by the States.